A practical two-day training course in facilitating and coaching with Appreciative Inquiry
Dates and location: 19-20 February 2015 – London
Do you want to start using Appreciative Inquiry (AI) in change management, organisational development, teambuilding or coaching? This hands-on small-group Appreciative Inquiry training gives you everything you need to start using AI with confidence.
Although it’s firmly grounded in the theoretical foundation of AI, this course is about practical, engaging learning and application.
By the end of the two-day course you will be equipped to start using AI in your area of interest, whether it’s community engagement, organisational change, or individual development.
- What is Appreciative Inquiry?
- The origins of AI
- Why the appreciative approach works
- Research supporting the appreciative approach
- The five principles of Appreciative Inquiry
- Using the ‘5-D’ model for positive change
- How to define successful topics for Appreciative Inquiry
- The secrets of successful appreciative interviews
- Practical ways of conducting each stage in the process
- Participating in a hands-on Appreciative Inquiry session
- How to structure an appreciative coaching session
- How to be ‘in the moment’ as an interviewer and facilitator
- Gain practical experience of coaching and being coached using AI
- How to use scaling and other solution-focused tools in coaching
- Formats for AI at organisational, team and individual level
- How to run a large-scale AI event
- How to persuade AI ‘skeptics’ and build credibility
- Building an appreciative culture
- Planning how you will implement AI
- Appreciative Inquiry as a way of life – benefits and how to cultivate it
The course fee is £595.
Lunch, refreshments and course manual are included.
What people say about the course:
“I really enjoyed the 2 days training and gained some practical,flexible, easy to use tools. The training was a good mix of input and a chance to try things out for myself. I felt I could go home and use it straight away, and as back-up a great set of notes and sample sheets to use in different contexts.” – Sara Hagel, Director, West Midlands Quaker Peace Education Project
“Thanks Andy for an excellent couple of days, informative, eye opening and most of all, practical. I highly recommend this course for anyone involved in change of any sort.” – Mark Sherwood, Safety Persuasion Workshops
“The course had a great mix of people and experiences, which I found really added to my own personal experience on the course… I really enjoyed the practical nature of the course and felt that experiencing and discovering the AI process really worked well for me.” – Kate Hargreaves, Director, The Clear Thinking Partnership
“Andy did a fantastic job as facilitator and connected with the group from the onset.” – Helena Coxshall, Director of Change Management, Third Sector Hebrides
“We learned practical skills we could use immediately and confidently to achieve fantastic results. The trainers impressed us throughout both with their extensive knowledge and their generosity when sharing their experiences. One key factor for us was that the trainers remained flexible in their delivery to ensure our needs and expectations were met.
The appreciative coaching model was extremely useful as our client group traditionally focus on negatives and problems rather than potential positive solutions.” – Andy Jackson, pioneering progressive youth worker
About the trainer
Andy Smith is an Appreciative Inquiry facilitator, NLP trainer and Emotional Intelligence specialist. Originally trained by Anne Radford, he has been facilitating, coaching and training Appreciative Inquiry since 2007. Along the way he has introduced some useful new additions to the AI toolkit.
Andy’s AI clients in the private, public and voluntary sectors include:
Timings and venue
Day 1: Registration and coffee is from 9am. Training starts at 9.30am and
finishes at 5pm.
Day 2: Training starts at 9am and finishes at 5pm.
Venue: London – TBC
Questions? Call Andy Smith now on 0844 284 6372 or email at email@example.com
Secure your place:
This is a small-group course with maximum numbers of 14, so email us first at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0844 284 6372 (from UK)
or +33 (0)5 55 35 64 72 (international) to check that there are places still available.
The course fee is just £495 in December, £595 after that.
Booking details will appear shortly – for now, email email@example.com to register your interest.
This course can also be run in-house.If you’d like to enquire about in company courses and bespoke training, then call Andy Smith today on 0844 284 6372 and tell us what you would like us to provide.